Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Reading log 7

Implications for Teaching


It’s interesting how we can relate almost immediately to some implications for teaching more than others. I suspect this is closely connected with who we are as instructors and what we bring to our classes and academic settings like this SIT TESOL Certificate course.
         The two implications I connected with when I read this article were implication 1 about meaningful input and implication 2 about interaction patterns. And as far as I am concerned these implications where the ones that we exploited the most through our teaching practice here. Throughout the PRE stages of the lessons here we chose strategies to convey meaning and present a meaningful context that was ideally interesting or useful for the students. In addition to that, we tried to keep most of the activities students centered, taking advantage of the Think-Pair-Share technique to maximize interaction.
         I have always paid special attention to the language analysis I class, but the think-pair-share technique, and in general, communicative activities that foster interaction between students, is something that I definitely need to work on. I think that both implications have a tremendous impact on students learning, because they foster meaningful and useful language, and a strong sense of community in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment